Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ideas...  (Read 5057 times)

DaBrode

• TBS Owner
  • Battle Standard Bearer
  • "Nice try Lao Che!"
    • View Profile
    • The Battle Standard
Re: Ideas...
« Reply #15 on: Feb 26, 2012 02:50AM »

Great input guys!  Keep it up, start new threads and post pictures with ideas.
:trollbloods: Borka's Kegslayers
:wmmercs: Grundback's Grunts
:mercs: Hoffman's Heroes
:ork: Urgot 'Eadbaggah's 'Ead 'Unterz
:maw: Clan of Olag Foestomper
:chaos: The Felled Angels
:aquila: Merc Redreign's Cipher Company 000 "The Nobodies"

Snake13

• WoW TCG Event Organizer
  • Squire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Mar 26, 2012 01:06AM »

Always been a big fan of Ice tables, I have seen the best ones done as IG out posts with cool tundra forests and glacial hills/landings.

Wurrghbaz

• Footman
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch.TV Stream.
« Reply #17 on: Dec 11, 2012 10:59AM »

I like the ideas put forward, but I thought of one myself - what about a modular 'shoreline fortress?' One side of the table could be the beach with a little water for any possible boats, leading up to the defender 's side of the board, with a slightly elevated area for a courtyard and battlements with a gate - the walls and gate could be swapped out to represent different games: stone/wood for WFB, Imperial/Ork/Eldar type construction, or even some steampunky stuff for WM. Hell, maybe even some bunkers (to scale) for FOW games.

I feel this table could be fun for special scenarios with landing craft and offshore naval support, or even just as a unique attack/defend setup with the aggressor deploying on the beach itself. I don't have ANY terrain making experience but I'd be willing to help out if shown how!
- Matt (Heff)

Playing:
Warmachine\Hordes - Khador and Circle Orboros
Freeblades - Haradel
Shadow Era

Mister_ELK

• Board Game Event Organizer
  • Unit Musician
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Dec 24, 2012 06:37PM »

I had an idea (and have shared some of my thinking already).

How about making a piece of "island" terrain that can be somewhat modular and capable of being utilized in multiple configurations?

I made a bit of a diagram below, but let me try to explain what I mean....
Imagine an "oval" shaped island that has been cut down the center, both horizontally and vertically.

If the pieces are placed "four-corners" together, one gets the "island" configuration (as indicated in the center of the diagram).

However, each "quarter" could just as easily be moved to the corner of the game table itself.  (see bottom left and right).

Just as equally, two pieces can be used along a table edge to form a outcropping or "peninsula" of sorts.  (see top center)

Obviously the pieces do not need to be an exact fit, but something relatively close with only a minor gap would be preferable.

Furthermore, the "quartered" cuts are just an initial thought.   (Additional cuts could be made, essentially like a dining room table with additional sections that can be placed within the divide, thus extending out the possibilities.)

DaBrode

• TBS Owner
  • Battle Standard Bearer
  • "Nice try Lao Che!"
    • View Profile
    • The Battle Standard
« Reply #19 on: Jan 31, 2013 05:30PM »

Erik did you ever start this project?
:trollbloods: Borka's Kegslayers
:wmmercs: Grundback's Grunts
:mercs: Hoffman's Heroes
:ork: Urgot 'Eadbaggah's 'Ead 'Unterz
:maw: Clan of Olag Foestomper
:chaos: The Felled Angels
:aquila: Merc Redreign's Cipher Company 000 "The Nobodies"

TIMMY!

• Squire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Feb 18, 2013 09:11AM »

Maybe a village/agri-world/farm table? To 28mm scale of course, since farms are ubiquitous, and would exist in near any game system for fantasy/40k/etc ...and if noone else does it I am planning on making a late 19th century/early 20th century could -be -anywhere -in- europe -near -east -asia -balkans -baltic states - agriworld modular bits at some point if i ever get near to caught up on painting minis. Bits that can be shifted about on oval bases and such, like a pond, orchard, garden area, small half reaped wheat field, etc (not doing sunken lanes + hedgerows, too specific to the Bocage) Probably start summer or fall on this though, again to catch up on my backlog of minis.
Be sure to ask Brannon about getting his GK wiped out in 2 turns!
Pages: 1 [2]