Author Topic: Welcome to MERCSminis!  (Read 1509 times)

Lycane

• MERCS Event Organizer
  • Man-At-Arms
  • Trolls FTW
    • View Profile
Welcome to MERCSminis!
« on: Feb 07, 2012 09:48PM »

This is the first of hopefully many threads for the MERCS miniature game.

MERCS is a small skirmish game consisting of 5 models representing an elite squad of paramilitary members of a megacon battling against another 5 man squad.

It's very fast paced and has an emphasis on positioning and tactical manuvering.

More info can be found here: http://www.mercsminis.com/

I'm on their forums and have play tested a lot for these guys and plan on being the local "black ops" for the battle standard. I'll be in Thursday's and every other Sunday for games and be on the lookout for our first tourney and the scenario/campaign book release event!

This game is only a year old and it has already grown a lot and so much more is planned for the future.

Let me know if you have any questions or would like a demo of the game.

Till then: Welcome to the Cause!

DaBrode

• TBS Owner
  • Battle Standard Bearer
  • "Nice try Lao Che!"
    • View Profile
    • The Battle Standard
Re: Welcome to MERCSminis!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2012 11:29AM »

Really excited to see how this plays out.  I ran a demo with Dave (Lycane) at Templecon and it's alot of fun.  It felt like playing an FPS in team deathmatch mode with the exception that YOU control all the players.  Even more specificly Gears of War due to the "snap to cover" rules.

TBS is looking at bringing the full line of MERCSminis into the store as a regular item.  It looks like we should have them in route shortly provided everything goes as planned.

This is a fun, inexpensive and quickly-played alternative to most other Tabletop miniature games.  *Thumbs Up*

:trollbloods: Borka's Kegslayers
:wmmercs: Grundback's Grunts
:mercs: Hoffman's Heroes
:ork: Urgot 'Eadbaggah's 'Ead 'Unterz
:maw: Clan of Olag Foestomper
:chaos: The Felled Angels
:aquila: Merc Redreign's Cipher Company 000 "The Nobodies"

ExplodingGoatGuy

• Footman
    • View Profile
    • Exploding Goat Games
Re: Welcome to MERCSminis!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2012 03:12PM »

I picked up MERCS a while back along with Bob Seitz. The minis are fantastic but it was the background and rules that really drew me into the game. Reading them through the first time got me really jazzed up and the short story inside made me a KemVar player at heart (and yes.. that same author will be writing the first MERCS novel! WOOT).

I got in a demo game courtesy of Dave a few weeks back... AWESOME stuff. Even though it was my first full play-through and I hadn't read the rules in a while, it was easy to pick up at the basic level.

I'm psyched that TBS is looking into carrying this game and REALLY REALLY hope we can get more players involved. Typical playtime is 30-45 minutes for most games.. it makes it a perfect fast and furious system. I think Jared is spot-on in saying this feels like a  FPS and put me in the mindset of Gears...

Jay
Jay Hyland
Gaming Geek &
President
Exploding Goat Games