Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Mid-War Tourney  (Read 7273 times)

Major Glory

• Historical Event Organizer
  • Battle Standard Bearer
    • View Profile
Mid-War Tourney
« on: Oct 06, 2011 10:12PM »

OK gang here is the info on Novembers Tourney.

This is the Dynamic Duo's Tournament.  We pair one Allied and one Axis player as a team, with 12 players making 6 teams in total.  Each team will be matched up Allied vs Axis so this will eliminate the whole issue of "Blue on Blue" engagements. I.e.:  one teams Allied player vs the other teams Axis player and vice versa.  Players qualify based on score.  So it will be possible for only half a team to qualify for one of several reasons.  Most likely of which is one member is already qualified.

Specifics as follows:

Date: Saturday November 19, 2011
Time: 10:00 a.m. arrival, dice roll at 10:30 a.m.
A $10.00 fee per player is needed to costs.
Era: Mid-War
Points: 1000 lists  from North Africa, Eastern Front, or an approved Intel briefing from Battlefronts website pdf's.

Teams need to pre register.  For this forum you can simply post it up here.  Please make absolutely sure you can be there.  I want to have 12 players so we can qualify two for the Nationals. 

For pre-registering  I will need both players names, emails, Armies by nationality and type, Battlefront Dogtag number (if you have one) and players Rankings HQ number (also if you have one)  The last 2 items are not mandatory, but make recording results with Battlefront a bit easier.  One week before the event I need players to either email or provide me a hard copy of their lists. 

On the day of the Tournament teams need to arrive no later than 10:15 a.m..  Bring your Tournament fee of $10.00, armies, a printed copy of your Army list, such accessories as you need to play (dice, rulers, etc) and a tray to move your Army from one table to the next. 

I will again try to arrange the tables as best I can the night before.  Volunteers to either assist, or donate terrain are always welcome.  As always, any other questions can be sent my way.  Remember, 12 players, 6 teams, I expect to fill this up in fairly short order.

Teams so far:

1. The Ringers; Mike Cunningham  with Hungarian Infantry and Gary Dziatko with a force tbd soon.
2. Team X-Files; Meself with U.S. Cavalry, and a guy named Mitch, further details to follow when Scully and Mulder can confirm this  :-X.  Otherwise I am a free agent by next Wed.
3.  Add Team here 
A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed "To whom it may concern"

TheTurk95

• Footman
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-War Tourney
« Reply #1 on: Oct 07, 2011 02:13AM »

I discussed on Wednesday if mike wanted to be on a team with me and he said yes(i think). I personally will be using my American 82nd airborne parachute rifle company

Team Name suggestion:
Team Ghost-Recon
Team Ace
Team Aperture
Team BioShock

p.s: R.I.P Steve Jobs
Men, I am not ordering you to attack. I am ordering you to die— Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
Battle of Gallipoli (25 April 1915)

Major Glory

• Battle Standard Bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Oct 07, 2011 08:15PM »

Please double check with Mike first.  I want to make sure all pairs entires are confirmed.  As for the team thing.  I was just being funny as I have not heard from this Mitch yet.
A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed "To whom it may concern"

MongolKahn

• Squire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Oct 07, 2011 10:21PM »

I spoke to Mitch today, he is in with Chris with something german. I will be using Sovite Tankovy with Mike C...............Gary

Krynn72

• Man-At-Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Oct 08, 2011 04:14PM »

I believe me and Pete will be teaming up, with a Tankovy and grenadiers. I'll send my info when I double check with him.

Major Glory

• Battle Standard Bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Oct 08, 2011 06:18PM »

Team Updates as I got a quick note from Mitch so I'm locked in now.

Confirmed Teams so far are;
Team 1: Mike Cunningham with Motorized Hungarian Infantry and Gary Dzaitko with Soviet Tankovy
Team 2: Myself with U.S. Cavalry and Mitch with Grenadiers

Uncomfirmed Teams

Eeren (sp?) with American Para's and Mike F with German List TBD
Sean with Grenadiers and Pete with Soviet Tankovy.

Let's get locked in guys.  I'm hoping a few more will join us to make 6 teams.

Gemini63

• Man-At-Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Oct 08, 2011 06:51PM »

Anyone looking for a teammate for the doubles tournament?

I can bring either German Panzergrenadiers or US Airborne.

Tom Slopnick
"You play games to win, not lose. And you fight wars to win. That's spelled W-I-N ! And every good player in a game and every good commander in a war . . . has to have some son of a bitch in him. If he doesn't, he isn't a good player or commander." Lucian Truscott

Azkar

• Footman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Oct 09, 2011 02:17AM »

I will be on a team with Eeren. I just need to finalize my list.

Major Glory

• Battle Standard Bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Oct 09, 2011 01:07PM »

Updated on 10-9-2011

Confirmed Teams so far are;
Team 1: Mike Cunningham with Motorized Hungarian Infantry and Gary Dzaitko with Soviet Tankovy
Team 2: Myself with U.S. Cavalry and Mitch with Grenadiers
Team 3: Eren with American Para's, and Mike F with Germans, List TBD

Uncomfirmed Teams
Sean with Grenadiers and Pete with Soviet Tankovy.

Free Agents

Tom Slopnick with either Axis or Allied list

I'll be pushing on the other forums I visit for a few others.  Still have not heard from either Jeremiah or Neill.  
« Last Edit: Oct 09, 2011 08:53PM by Major Glory »

TheTurk95

• Footman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Oct 09, 2011 01:20PM »

my name is actually spelled eren but not alot of people get that right
Men, I am not ordering you to attack. I am ordering you to die— Mustafa Kemal Atatürk

Major Glory

• Battle Standard Bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Oct 09, 2011 08:54PM »

my name is actually spelled eren but not alot of people get that right

Sowwy  :P

Krynn72

• Man-At-Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Oct 09, 2011 11:06PM »

Me and Pete are confirmed with the armies I posted before. I sent you a PM with my email address.

Also, out of curiosity, how many games will we play? Is it just the standard three, or will there be more since we're doing 1000pt games?
« Last Edit: Oct 09, 2011 11:09PM by Krynn72 »

TheTurk95

• Footman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Oct 09, 2011 11:55PM »

Sowwy  :P
[/quote]

Thats ok

Winterwolf8601

• Battle Standard Bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Oct 10, 2011 03:24AM »

hmmm.... well with the certainty of getting 2-4 additional comp days from Fall-in and possibly Mechanicon, that'll give me enough to come visit around thanksgiving for roughly a week and still have enough days to visit for a week in Xmas. (downside of that is that I'll be working for like 3 weeks straight as Fall-in and Mechanicon are like back to back, and Masters is the weekend after that).

I'll keep you guys posted as things develop. Depending, I could maybe get my dad to come down and we'd be a father and son team. Who know's if the star's align just perfectly maybe I'll be the U.S. Master's champ; or more likely, I can recover from getting crushed :P.
1st Place: 2013 Masters, MW Pzgrens, LW Panzers
3rd Place: 2012 MW Nationals, Panzer Kompanie
3rd Place: 2011 US Masters, Hungarian Onkentes Puskas

Standard army procedure when treading on a mine: Jump two-hundred feet in the air, and scatter oneself over a wide area.

Major Glory

• Battle Standard Bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Oct 10, 2011 10:04AM »

Me and Pete are confirmed with the armies I posted before. I sent you a PM with my email address.

Also, out of curiosity, how many games will we play? Is it just the standard three, or will there be more since we're doing 1000pt games?

At this moment, 3 rounds with games running 1 hour 30 minutes each.  I may add a 4th round because of the extra time we will have.  Not sure on that yet.  So for now it will be the standard format of 3 rounds.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5