Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Infantry Aces Campaign  (Read 9838 times)

Darkdragon

• Man-At-Arms
    • View Profile
Infantry Aces Campaign
« on: Jun 16, 2011 05:51PM »

I figured we might as get a leg up and hammer out the details ahead of time.

1) When to start? - I'm thinking 1st or second Wednesday of July.

2) How long do we go per turn? - I say 2 weeks per turn with the last battle scenario on week 7.

3) What forces do we use? - I'm thinking that we all try to use Cassino or Dogs and Devils.  Or at least encourage using a force that was in Italy but not restrict people from playing any late war force they want.

4)Record Keeper/Organizer - I'd be willing to do it but that depends on when we start. Due to the arrival of the second child.

5)Terrain Buy-in - Again this one wouldn't be required.  I've talked to Tommy before about buying terrain and keeping it at the shop for use. He's said that he can get it at cost from JR Miniatures.  Looking at the JR miniatures the majority of stuff is $10 and under.  We all get one piece, put your name on the bottom and keep it at the shop.  I suggest Italian scenery.  ;D

I will be doing Germans probably, its about time to go back to the dark side.  I'm thinking of trying out the confident trained Riechsgrenadiers.  Let the discussion begin. 
"Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

Mike

• Unit Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Infantry Aces Campaign
« Reply #1 on: Jun 16, 2011 09:45PM »

I'll be at Nationals the first week in July, so my vote would be to start the second Wednesday. I would be happy to be TO for the campaign, Jeremiah, if you are not able to.

I agree that forces from Italy would be the most appropriate. Dogs and Devils, Cassino, and Fortress Europe all have lists from Italy, so there are plenty to choose from.

Two weeks per campaign turn, I think, would be the best. One week is too short, and more than two weeks would stretch things out for too long.

I'm happy to contribute to the terrain - we definitely need some more to make the tables work for infantry.

My force will be from the 2nd New Zealand division - it's time for me to return to the light.  ;)
"You have to be fast on your feet and adaptive or else a strategy is useless." - Charles de Gaulle

Rogther

• Footman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 17, 2011 03:25AM »

1/504 82nd Dropping in for more fun. Plenty of action in Italy.

Dan

Major Glory

• Historical Event Organizer
  • Battle Standard Bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 17, 2011 01:21PM »

I'm here either way in July.  I Just saw the Officers pack up on the FoW Website.  Might be good for one of us to snag it, Or a couple of us pool our ducats and buy it.  I'm also willing to be a co-score keeper/ co-organizer.

I also think that the 2nd week of July would be a better time to start.

From what I read in the book.  Two weeks is about standard, especially at 700-900 points.  While it is a campaign, they also encourage players to play several matches in different routes.

I also agree that the forces to be used should be from Italy.  The only exception would be the 82nd Abn list from Turning Tide.  The 504th PIR was in Anzio and formed a Parachute Regimental Combat team with Abn Engineers, and an Abn Artillery Battery.  Due to losses sustained in Anzio it was replaced for Overlord by another Parachute regiment and a Glider regiment.  

I'll be happy to contribute what I can for terrain although my means will be a bit limited.  Just means I'll have to get real creative.   ;D

I'll be fielding Ghurkas from the 4th Indian Div.  
A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed "To whom it may concern"

Gregg

• Footman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 17, 2011 03:08PM »

I can bring either Germans (non FJ) or Americans to balance it out.  Actually, I'll plan on bringing both to help keep the sides balanced each week. 

Don't mind chipping in for some terrain, also, but I'll never have time to paint it :(

Gemini63

• Man-At-Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 17, 2011 03:26PM »

>:(
"You play games to win, not lose. And you fight wars to win. That's spelled W-I-N ! And every good player in a game and every good commander in a war . . . has to have some son of a bitch in him. If he doesn't, he isn't a good player or commander." Lucian Truscott

Krynn72

• Man-At-Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jun 17, 2011 04:21PM »

I was hoping to do Dismounted Cav, but looking over my financials today, im not so sure I should start another army yet. So I think I'll be doing the 90th panzergrens for the campaign. Which, looking at what you guys are fielding, is probably a good thing since its a bit one-sided at the moment.

Mike

• Unit Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jun 17, 2011 06:05PM »

>:(

If you want to play, Tom, we might be able to arrange some games at other times for you. I doubt that I'm the only one who can play on nights other than Wednesdays. Just let me know and we'll see what we can do.

It looks like we have a boat-load of Allied players. I would be willing to switch over to Germans if we need to balance the sides. I could either do 90. Panzergrenadiers, Hermann Goering, or 15. Panzergrenadiers (I would just use a generic list from Fortress Europe).
"You have to be fast on your feet and adaptive or else a strategy is useless." - Charles de Gaulle

Major Glory

• Battle Standard Bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jun 17, 2011 09:31PM »

I'm also available for times other than Wed if you would prefer Tom.  Or I simply play a couple of games on Wed as 500 points will not take too long to play.  ;)

As for Cassino, I think we might want to get some kind of lineup going so we can see what people are playing so we can see if the matchups need to be balanced.
A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed "To whom it may concern"

Darkdragon

• Man-At-Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jun 17, 2011 11:03PM »

So far it looks like:

Germans - 2
Allies - 3
Swingers- 2

With a tentative start date of July 13th. Turns going for 2 weeks each. We could even schedule the Last battle scenario for the weekend so everyone could make it.

As it stands if we wanted to get the campaign pack it would be $4.50 each and that would cover tax.  If more people jump in it'll drop further I'm willing to get it if everyone agrees.

I will talk with Tommy further on Wednesday about the terrain. It would be optional not necessarily a requirement. Just thinking it would be good to up the amount we have at the store.

P.S. Tom I would sneek out for some games for you too.
"Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

Ram-z

• Footman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jun 22, 2011 01:52PM »

Hello, I am new to the Battle Standard but I would like to join the campaingn.  I will be playing FJ.  I am willing to chip in for the campaign pack and terrain.

Major Glory

• Battle Standard Bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jun 22, 2011 05:44PM »

Welcome to the crowd Ram-z!

Hope to see you Wed night, look forward to another new face in the group.

Rogther

• Footman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jun 23, 2011 01:42AM »

For this like most things i'll be available mostly Friday/Saturdays for games.

Dan

Ram-z

• Footman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jun 23, 2011 11:43AM »

I have a question regarding fortifications.  When buying say a HMG pillbox, does the purchase come with the gun or is that bought separatly?  Wed are kind of tough for me for the time being.  I am making an exception for the campaign.  If given enough notification I can make a game anytime though.

Cpt. H

• Unit Musician
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jun 23, 2011 01:40PM »

I know what you mean about wednesdays ram but I am available this Friday and most weekends.  If you want to try playing some games I can probably bring 1000 points of late war Germans for each of us unless you hot your own stuff in already.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - General William Tecumseh Sherman
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7