Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Peyton's Warhammer Fantasy Plog  (Read 5915 times)

Greg

• EXTRA-LIFE Charity Event Organizer
  • Unit Musician
    • View Profile
Re: Peyton's Orcs and Goblins Army
« Reply #15 on: Apr 25, 2011 07:41PM »

My Vampire Lord would love a good spider hunt.

PeytonS

• Unit Musician
    • View Profile
Re: Peyton's Orcs and Goblins Army
« Reply #16 on: Apr 26, 2011 01:29AM »

Nice, maybe we can fit a game in sunday, or have a gaming night during the week!

I think the spider will do well in games against minimal amounts of shooting (ie not against empire or dwarfs).  If I can get that baby into combat, 8 attacks from the spider at I4, 8 S4 attacks from the goblins, and a thunderstomp?  Not too shabby!   And Greg, can you say Venom Surge?  D6 wounds heading straight at your vamp lord, you better pray that 4+ ward saves ya!

PeytonS

• Unit Musician
    • View Profile
Re: Peyton's Warhammer Fantasy Plog
« Reply #17 on: Apr 30, 2011 03:13PM »

Hey all,

Wanted to post up the battle reports for the two games that Jon and I played on Thursday, no comparison to Jeff's videos, but i only have a camera! ;D

Link to the pics:http://s611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Shipmanp_photos/Battle%20Reports/

The first 20 or so are game 1 (I got carried away), the last couple are from game 2, which was short and sweet!

We played two 1800 games, I ran:

Black orc warboss:  +3 attacks, 5+ ward, Enchanted shield.
Black orc BSB:  5+ ward armour.
Savage Orc Shaman:  lv.2, luck shrunken head.

23 Biguns:  2 choppas, musician, standard.
23 savage orcs:  2 choppas, musician, standard.

17 Black orcs:  Shields, musician, Standard.
2 Boar chariots

Rock lobber
Arachnarok

Goofy list, but I wanted to test out the spider!  As far as I can remember, Jon ran:

Prince:  5+ ward, great weapon.
DRAGON MAGE!!!

24(?) Lothern Seaguard
30 Spearmen

5 shadow warriors
10 swordsmasters

2 bolt throwers

« Last Edit: Apr 30, 2011 03:29PM by PeytonS »

PeytonS

• Unit Musician
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Apr 30, 2011 03:27PM »

Sorry about the double post, the character count freaks out after a certain amount of lines!

Game 1:  We rolled the Blood and Glory scenario (and promptly forgot about it).

Check the pics, but we essentially lined up, and I blitzed for Jon's line.  Highlights:  10 swordsmasters in the building with Flaming sword of rhuin(so they have +1 to wound, and re-rolls because theyre in a building) killing 16 savage orcs when I stupidly charged them turn 2.

The arachnarok charged the right hand bolt thrower turn 3, killed it, and reformed to face down the flank of jon's blocks.  The black orcs and biguns (taking horrendous damage from fire magic and the seaguard) kept trucking for the elfs. 

Jon put his prince out of the flank of the seaguard in front of the spider to divert/ hold it up.  My turn 4 I charged the prince, who failed his terror check and got run down!  The spider (and a chariot and black  orcs) went into the seaguard, and the biguns and warboss went into the spearmen.  I've never seen anyone fail so many LD8 tests!  Long story short, the elf blocks got run down.

Ended up killing every elf on the table, and keeping all my points (even if there were only like 3 orcs left in each unit).  Only lost the rock lobber and shaman.

PeytonS

• Unit Musician
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Apr 30, 2011 03:47PM »

Game 2:  Meeting engagement.  My warboss and BSB both came in as reserves which messed the boyz up!  Jon's spearmen and a bolt thrower came in as reserves as well.

Highlights:  Arachnarok spider surviving 50 elf attacks with one wound left (charged the seaguard, then got flanked by the spearmen turn 2)!  Insanely lucky rolls for me here, but it fled, and the spearmen overan into the black orcs, shamefully beating them and running them down.  It all went downhill for the orcs after this! ;D  The savage orcs spent the whole game getting chewed up by those damn swordsmasters, the biguns got chopped by the spearmen as well.

Once the blocks were gone, Jon magicked and shot down my characters (who stupidly spent the whole game in the backfield), and managed to take the last wound off the spider (my last model, scuttling torwards the left board edge after getting beaten by the spearmen) in the last turn.  Victory to the high elfs!

Both fun games, learned a lot about elfs and orcs,  namely that orcs aren't good enough in combat to just charge across the board and win easily (talking mainly about the second game here).  I should have used the chariot's impact hits to take down the swordsmasters, which with the re-rolls and S5 really can chop down whatever they come across!

I think that I need bigger units, the re-rolls and ASF from high elf blocks really take their toll, even though they're S3, and I was finding that by the time that i got to swing in combat that there weren't enough boyz left to swing the combat back into my favour.   

So there's my extremely scatterbrained, uncoordinated, and doubtless foggy account of the games, feel free to clarify the points I missed Jon!

Cheers
Peyton

Kingsley

• Footman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2011 11:42AM »

Nice Report!  I really do think that the high elves can be competitive in 8th ed.  Once my other two projects in the queue are completed, I will turn my attention to them.

Jeff

DaBrode

• TBS Owner
  • Battle Standard Bearer
  • "Nice try Lao Che!"
    • View Profile
    • The Battle Standard
« Reply #21 on: Dec 16, 2011 11:45AM »

Top notch Peyton!!!  It's been awesome knowing you as a regular at the shop and watching your skills improve over the years.

Our fantasy events at The Battle Standard always lack a little something when your voice acting is absent.

Hope to see you again soon!
:trollbloods: Borka's Kegslayers
:wmmercs: Grundback's Grunts
:mercs: Hoffman's Heroes
:ork: Urgot 'Eadbaggah's 'Ead 'Unterz
:maw: Clan of Olag Foestomper
:chaos: The Felled Angels
:aquila: Merc Redreign's Cipher Company 000 "The Nobodies"

Michaelrek

• Squire
    • View Profile
Peytons Warhammer Fantasy Plog
« Reply #22 on: Dec 22, 2014 06:49PM »

While I build up my lovely Grey Knights, I want to start building up a Warhammer Fantasy army little by little. The only issue with this is that I DO NOT want to buy the book yet since I don't know if they are coming out with a new rulebook or not either this year or next. I was wondering if I can borrow someones rulebook so I can choose an army of my liking, and read the fluff to get more into Warhammer Fantasy. I would like to get into this style of battles as well since I like to switch it up. Please let me know, I would like to start assembling and building

FOR THE EMPRA
Pages: 1 [2]