Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Peyton's Warhammer Fantasy Plog  (Read 5914 times)

PeytonS

• Unit Musician
    • View Profile
Peyton's Warhammer Fantasy Plog
« on: Mar 27, 2011 05:27PM »

Hey all,

trying get the fantasy section of these forums going again!  So I'll be posting pictures of the orcs and gobbos i've been painting recently.  First up are the new savage orcs, which are absolutely fantastic sculpts!  

And a group shot:

Let me know what you folks think, i'm wondering if I should add some dead/yellowish grass to the bases, thoughts?

Cheers

Peyton
« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2011 03:38PM by PeytonS »

Kingsley

• Footman
    • View Profile
Re: Peyton's Orcs and Goblins Army
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2011 05:44PM »

Wow.  I was unsure of the quality of the sculpts after seeing the pics on the GW website, but these are great.  As you can tell from my Nuln army, I am a sucker for line highlights.  Your painting has come a long way since the Battle Standard Mordheim Campaign days, boy-o!

Can't wait to see these guys all finished and neatly lined up across the table (waiting to get shot to sunshine by my crossbows)!

-Jeff

jvanase

• Warhammer Event Organizer
  • Unit Musician
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2011 08:00PM »

Looking real good man.  I can't wait to see them in person!
-Jon

Greg

• EXTRA-LIFE Charity Event Organizer
  • Unit Musician
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 28, 2011 09:30AM »

The Savage Orc looks great! The muted green skin is much nicer than the radioactive green from the 'Eavy Metal models. About how long would you say it takes to paint each one?

More questions:
Have you put together any lists with the new book yet?
What are you planning on painting?

-Greg

PeytonS

• Unit Musician
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 29, 2011 12:11AM »

Jeff:  Bollugs to yer stinkin shooty weapons ya soft pink 'ummie!  Tuffgutz Ironpantz an iz boyz'll have plenty of time to get across the field and stomp ya ta bitz!  Waaagh!   

Jon:  Thanks, i'll try to bring them in sunday (if we're actually playing.  I showed up yesterday and got a text from Brian saying it was off!)

Greg:  I don't really want to think how long i'm working on these models! ;D  I'd say that I put a good 4+ hours into each one, there's so much skin to paint, and that's what takes the most time!

I've been fiddling with some lists, and I'll be playing Jeff's Empire thursday with the new book, so we'll see how it goes.  Maybe there'll be a new Nerdhammering video up soon!

I want to paint up a unit of savage orcs, but I may break them up with some characters or maybe that Arachnarok spider!  If I do start the spider I want to knock it out in one go, and not have it be one of my many half finished projects lying around the paint station!

I'm working on 2 more savages, so updates soon!

Cheers

Peyton

jvanase

• Unit Musician
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Apr 04, 2011 10:03AM »

They look even better in person (no pun intended Greg).  It'll be great once you have these guys up to a tournament size.  Time to start painting giant spiders I guess!

-Jon
-Jon

PeytonS

• Unit Musician
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Apr 17, 2011 10:25PM »

OI!!!  Finally finished those two savage orcs I had almost finished weeks ago, so thought I'd post the pics.  Also a Pip of a warboar that i've been working on as well. 

Unit Champion:

Musician:

Group Shot:

Unfortunatley, due to this damn campaign, I will probably be painting lots of useless dogs of war models in the future!   Maybe I can figure a way to add them into my empire army, but we'll see.

Cheers

Peyton

Greg

• Unit Musician
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Apr 18, 2011 02:42PM »

Your Orcs are looking great! Surely there is a way you can merge your armies here... how about a unit of Ruglud's Armoured Orcs?  :P

-Greg

PeytonS

• Unit Musician
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Apr 22, 2011 02:31PM »

I'd love a unit of ruglud's orcs, if only they weren't 58.00 for ten! >:(

Long Drong Slayer and three pirates finished, not the best, but theyre only stunties.

Long Drong:  Keeping all those pirate stereotypes alive!

Cheers

Peyton

Kingsley

• Footman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Apr 22, 2011 11:46PM »

I never knew Long Drong himself has a peg leg!

Also, your stripes are really impressive.

Kingsley

• Footman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Apr 23, 2011 01:59AM »

Hey man, you should buy this ogre.  It would definately fit better with your theme than the new ogre kingdoms sculpts.  Plus, look at that hook!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Warhammer-Empire-Ogre-Kingdoms-OOP-Ogre-/310309238119?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483fdf3567

Greg

• Unit Musician
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Apr 23, 2011 10:02AM »

The Slayers look great, though I resent your "stunties" comment *grumble*.

That Ogre is quite nice, but Peyton needs to save his pennies for the Marienburg Land Ship.

-Greg

PeytonS

• Unit Musician
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Apr 24, 2011 12:37AM »

Yaaarg! 

Jeff:  Yeah, he's got everything!  Peg leg, hook hand, eyepatch, parrot, name, etc.  You love those old ogre models dont you!  ;D  I think i'll stick with the maneater, I'll try to paint him up different than yours though (and I'm sure he won't come out looking half as good!)

Greg:  I hate stunties with a passion!  I could barely bring myself to paint these ones! ;D  The fact that they're pirates is their only redeeming quality.  And if i ever field a max unit of long drongs, ill get the landship and use it as the mother of all unit fillers!

two more slayer pirates cleaned and primed, maybe I can knock them out tomorrow before break's over and i'm back to the grindstone!

Cheers

Peyton

PeytonS

• Unit Musician
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Apr 24, 2011 11:13PM »

Happy Easter! Spent mine building the Araknaroch spider!

The spider was a snap to assemble, but the howda, oh man.  Words cannot express how frustrating that fiddly little kit was to put together, and I'm still not sure how it'll fit together on the spider's back.  Probably just my ineptitude, but there it is.  Anyway, I'm gonna finish the Long Drong unit before I start the spider, but is anyone up for a game so I can see it runs?   

Cheers

Peyton

jvanase

• Unit Musician
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Apr 25, 2011 01:49PM »

Game on, you let me know when.  I'm on break between semester for 2 more weeks.
-Jon
Pages: [1] 2