Author Topic: Epic Knights: An Adepticon Rush Job  (Read 875 times)

Dave

• Hobby/Painting Event Organizer
  • Footman
    • View Profile
Epic Knights: An Adepticon Rush Job
« on: Mar 04, 2015 07:01PM »

I'm coming down to the wire on these. Thought I'd post some pics on progress-to-date.

The yellow is nearing completion. I have two more highlights and a glaze on 28 of the Knights.

After that, I either head back and do the blue on them or start focusing just on what I'll need for Adepticon. We'll see how next week goes but with three weeks left I'm guessing it's going to be the latter.

I scored some of the ancient Citadel flock for these guys, but I still want to do the plastict <q>jungle plants</q> that I have (HO scale ferns, potato plants and bachelor buttons).

A project back-log is up on my blog: http://the-epic-gamer.blogspot.com/search/label/Knights

Dave

• Footman
    • View Profile
Re: Epic Knights: An Adepticon Rush Job
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2015 02:45AM »

Work continues. I might have overdone the last highlight on these. We'll see how they look after touchup.

It was a pretty productive week, I finished the yellow, blue, eyes and most of the decals. At this point there's a few decals to go (custom cut ones for the Errant and Castellans), the check pattern, touch-up (especially around the eyes) and base detail to go.

After that, I want to finish up six Thunderbolts for Adepticon. I haven't given much more thought to objectives yet either, not sure if I'll get them done.

Dave

• Footman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2015 01:01PM »

I did a lot of checkers this week... A lot. Beyond that, nothing much. I've got a few my knight nights before Adepticon though so I think I'll be good. I'm hoping to work on the metal today and do touch-up and bases next week.

I don't think I'll get to the full basing I intended. I'll likely just start with the flock and save the other stuff for later.

Aircraft and objectives are also a big maybe too. At this point I'm betting it would be one or the other. Likely the aircraft if I had to guess.

« Last Edit: Apr 21, 2015 11:22AM by Dave »

Dave

• Footman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 21, 2015 11:22AM »

I finished painting and flocking the last of the Knights over the past couple of weeks. I still might head back and put some Woodland Scenics course flock on the bases for bushes. Everytime I use that stuff though I'm never impressed with the results though. Anyway, here's all my Knights for a 3k game. I gotta get to my aircraft at somepoint, and head back and finish up another dozen knights at some point too.

The first time I used the old Citadel modeling flock it bled on me when I put my usual thin layer of watered down glue over it. Thankfully the models had already been sealed so I just soaked their bases in warm water until it came loose and I could brush it off. This second time I used thicker glue and didn't bother with the second watered down layer over it.

Dave

• Footman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 19, 2015 02:44PM »

I finished these up last week in preparation for NEAT. I forgot how quick 6mm tanks and the like paint up, these took 2-3 hours each. I have some Marauders that are close to done as well, I held off though as I wanted to put some lascannons on them.

hiredgoonthug

• Store Manager Auburn MA
  • Unit Musician
    • View Profile
    • DiceTroll
« Reply #5 on: Jun 24, 2015 04:21AM »

Nice stuff.  The seven layers of gray came out very well.  :cool:
-David N.