Author Topic: Your Own Character For Chapter 3!  (Read 1166 times)

Tony

• Footman
    • View Profile
Your Own Character For Chapter 3!
« on: Aug 12, 2010 05:01PM »

Create Your Own Character in Chapter 3 of
D&D Encounters: Dark Sun®

The Dark Sun books have hit the shelves at your local WPN store, and players have been waiting eagerly to dive into the cool new options and create their own characters. Rather than wait to fire up a home campaign, test drive the new options at your store first! Starting with Chapter 3 of D&D Encounters: Dark Sun on August 17, all players may create their own 3rd-level Dark Sun character instead of using the provided pre-generated ones. Here are the rules:

•No divine character classes or options
•No material from the Forgotten Realms® Player's Guide or the Eberron® Player's Guide
•Allowed character races are dragonborn, dwarf, eladrin, elf, half-elf, halfling, human, tiefling (PH1); goliath (PH2); minotaur (PH3); mul, thri-kreen (DSCS)
•Pick a character theme from the Dark Sun Campaign Setting
•Characters start at 3rd level with 620 gold to purchase equipment and receive their choice of a +1 magic weapon, +1 magic implement, +1 magic armor, or a +1 amulet of protection

Have fun playing the last chapter of this season of D&D Encounters, and don't forget that a new season starts up on September 21 — Keep on the Borderlands!

Wurrghbaz

• Footman
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch.TV Stream.
Re: Your Own Character For Chapter 3!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 12, 2010 06:58PM »

Awesome! Do we need to create these characters using a Dark Sun book or just the PHBs?
- Matt (Heff)

Playing:
Warmachine\Hordes - Khador and Circle Orboros
Freeblades - Haradel
Shadow Era

Tony

• Footman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 12, 2010 10:58PM »

I think you would be able to create one from the PHB, but there might be more changes to things than just what's on that list. I should have my copy of the Dark Sun Campaign Setting on Monday or Tuesday so hopefully we can refer to it for that sort of stuff. If you can/want to get there earlier on Tuesday, we could sit down and get your character squared away.

Wurrghbaz

• Footman
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch.TV Stream.
« Reply #3 on: Aug 13, 2010 12:54AM »

Ill have to see if I can get out of work early that day - it takes me a little while to get to manchester from work, but I'll get there as early as I can!
- Matt (Heff)

Playing:
Warmachine\Hordes - Khador and Circle Orboros
Freeblades - Haradel
Shadow Era

Tony

• Footman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 17, 2010 05:31PM »

There was an unavoidable delay in getting the books here for tonight, so we won't have them available to create characters tonight.  If anyone really wants to, we can get them made before next week's Encounter session.