Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: 600 point gaming league  (Read 9523 times)

Major Glory

• Historical Event Organizer
  • Battle Standard Bearer
    • View Profile
600 point gaming league
« on: Jul 02, 2010 07:26PM »

600 point Late War gaming league!!!
Starting July 14 for preliminary setup, The Wed night FoW crew will be holding a 600 point gaming league set in the Late war period.  This 5 week event will be co-run by myself and Phil Messier.  We encourage not only more experienced players to hop in and try something new, but we invite new players, and those interested in WW2 games to join us.  During this 5 week event we will help new players get acquainted with the game, and encourage Veteran players to expand their interests into new facets of the game.

We'll be covering topics such as:
Army Construction
Painting techniques
Tactics

At the end of the 5 weeks we will hold a small group event (TBD at a later point) and with enough interest roll this over into an escalation league!

The rules for this are simple. 

1. This is Late War timeframe.  So use only books or website intel briefings from Battlefronts website that cover this era (ask if you are unsure)
2. 1 HQ and Combat Platoon is mandatory.  Max points for the list is 600 total!
3. Learning curves can be tough (believe me I know!)  So be patient, pace yourselves and above all Have fun!!

There will be a sign up sheet for those who are interested posted at the store starting Wed July 8.  Or you can msg myself , Tommy, or Phil to let us know you are interested.

So we hope to see some new faces or some old ones trying something new.  And I'll be right there with you starting my own little project so we'll be doing this together.

See you on Wed nights at the Battlestandard.

A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed "To whom it may concern"

Mike

• Unit Champion
    • View Profile
Re: 600 point gaming league
« Reply #1 on: Jul 14, 2010 01:07PM »

I'll see you tonight with my assembled, but unpainted, Welsh Guards Rifles. I'm looking forward to taking them for a test run!
"You have to be fast on your feet and adaptive or else a strategy is useless." - Charles de Gaulle

Gemini63

• Man-At-Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 14, 2010 05:38PM »

Well, I have a 600pt US 3ID list, and I even started painting it :o, but I have to teach on Wednesday night for the next several weeks, so I won't be able to join the fun. :( I am available other nights, if anyone is looking for a pick-up game.
"You play games to win, not lose. And you fight wars to win. That's spelled W-I-N ! And every good player in a game and every good commander in a war . . . has to have some son of a bitch in him. If he doesn't, he isn't a good player or commander." Lucian Truscott

Major Glory

• Battle Standard Bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul 15, 2010 08:43PM »

I was very happy to several new faces show up for the start of the 600 point league!  Looks like a couple of them bought some nice shiny goodies and enjoyed a game or two with some of our veteran players.  Next week I should have my Commie scouts ready for s test run  ;D  See you guys then!

A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed "To whom it may concern"

Tommy

• Battle Standard Bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 15, 2010 10:11PM »

I hate being on the reciving end of Mounted Assault. I'm sorry to anyone I have ever done it to, but it wont stop me from continuing to do it.
"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country."

Winterwolf8601

• Battle Standard Bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jul 16, 2010 12:19PM »

You can mounted assault my Sperr-Pioneers (with Windgruber and a panzershreck) any time you want Tommy :P Certainly you have no need to apologize for doing so.
1st Place: 2013 Masters, MW Pzgrens, LW Panzers
3rd Place: 2012 MW Nationals, Panzer Kompanie
3rd Place: 2011 US Masters, Hungarian Onkentes Puskas

Standard army procedure when treading on a mine: Jump two-hundred feet in the air, and scatter oneself over a wide area.

Major Glory

• Battle Standard Bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jul 16, 2010 01:23PM »

I hate being on the reciving end of Mounted Assault. I'm sorry to anyone I have ever done it to, but it wont stop me from continuing to do it.

Somehow saying I told you so.......just seems inadequate  :D

"You have to be strong to inflict pain bob.  I have given a name to my pain, that name is German mounted assault."     :o

Commie scouts coming to a table near you.

Darkdragon

• Man-At-Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jul 17, 2010 12:37PM »

Revenge is a dish best served with A MOUNTED ASSAULT!   ;D
"Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

Major Glory

• Battle Standard Bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jul 17, 2010 01:12PM »

Revenge is a dish best served with A MOUNTED ASSAULT!

And curly fries  ;D

Major Glory

• Battle Standard Bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jul 22, 2010 05:50PM »

Once again this week thank you to the new players who showed.  I think we all had a fine time and it looks like our FoW may grow with some new regular members!  So once again all, thanks and see you next week.

Major Glory

• Battle Standard Bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jul 27, 2010 02:27PM »

OK tomorrow night is the next installment of the 600 point league.  I'm hoping the trend continues with some new faces coming in and those who have been coming to make another appearence.  I've gotten 1 platoon completely done and I'll probably be halfway through working on another by tomorrows event. 

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Chris

Major Glory

• Battle Standard Bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Aug 05, 2010 06:43PM »

Another good night last night.  Even with some people out on vacation (What is this vacation thing I keep hearing about?) We still had another new face and some new players return for more action with the regulars.  And from what I'm seeing on the forums, looks like we've really caught peoples interest.  Hopefully this trend will continue.

Just an FYI, Tommy and I made a few changes to adjust for scheduling.  After next week, we'll move up to 1000 points for a few weeks and then a simple starters tourney at 1000 points before moving on the 1250.

Krynn72

• Man-At-Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Aug 06, 2010 03:27AM »

Glad to hear its going well. I wasn't able to stop in last Wednesday unfortunately, and the one before that I had to be somewhere at 7 so I couldn't stay long. But next week I'll be coming in for sure, and with my 600 pt Panzer Lehr army finally up and running. I'll even have most, if not all of it painted by then as well.

Major Glory

• Battle Standard Bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Aug 06, 2010 12:13PM »

Krynn,

Don't sweat having everything painted before you show to game.  part of the process is bringing in your stuff, learn to play, and maybe get some ideas or tips from others on painting and modeling techniques.  I look forward to seeing another new player show and Panzer Lehr is a great force to play as well.  I'm also looking for a return of the Welsh Guards *cough* Mike (hint hint) *cough*  and hopefully Screamin Tom will also be returning after enriching so many young minds at college  :P  All we're missing now is Shawn and his Irish Guards.  I know, new babies take up lotsa time.   :D

Tommy

• Battle Standard Bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Aug 06, 2010 01:45PM »

Babies are no excuse! Look and Jer! he has a baby and a squirill!
"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8