Author Topic: Some Muskets and Tomahawk thoughts on how to do a tournament for beginners  (Read 2390 times)

Winterwolf8601

• Battle Standard Bearer
    • View Profile
1st Place: 2013 Masters, MW Pzgrens, LW Panzers
3rd Place: 2012 MW Nationals, Panzer Kompanie
3rd Place: 2011 US Masters, Hungarian Onkentes Puskas

Standard army procedure when treading on a mine: Jump two-hundred feet in the air, and scatter oneself over a wide area.

Major Glory

• Historical Event Organizer
  • Battle Standard Bearer
    • View Profile

Those looked pretty cool.  I like the idea of a map campaign.  Might be fun.  Just need to figure out which warband might fit my play style so I see about asking for the right one for my Birthday this year.  :wink:
A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed "To whom it may concern"

nickaieta

• Footman
    • View Profile

Could be intrigued by this.  As my ancestors lived north, starting in the 1670s, I would have to play a French force.

Keegantdad

• Squire
    • View Profile

Hello gents.  Saw this reference to my blog and had to join up your forum.  The original idea has continued to develop and I am now running a worldwide Muskets and Tomahawks Campaign.  If anyone is interested in the campaign rules and the current set of scenarios please let me know.  We are currently at 1756 in the timeline of the campaign so there is still plenty of time to jump in and help either the French or the British become victorious. 

Not sure where you guys are based out of.  But we are currently planning on running a major M&T event tied to the Campaign for Fall In.  Any of you here on this forum attending?

Major Glory

• Historical Event Organizer
  • Battle Standard Bearer
    • View Profile

Hello Keegantdad,

We're still trying to get organized for M&T.  Getting rulebooks and mini's is going slowly.  Winterwolf is our resident expert with this game so he has been spearheading this one.  We also have a gaming club website if you want to join us there.  It's http://www.ctvalleygamers.org 

We are located in Manchester, Connecticut (Primarily) but our group is looking to network with other gaming groups in the New England region.
A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed "To whom it may concern"

Keegantdad

• Squire
    • View Profile

Great.  Do you guys plan to attend HMGS Fall. In. Convention in November.  I am planning an M&T event. 

Col. Sergeant

• Squire
    • View Profile

Hi all, I'm also just getting into M & T as English (also figuring I might as well make a full AWI Brit army while I'm at it). I've got the rules and some figs but nothing's painted yet... I will be going to Fall-in, though. Any plans for bonus M & T gaming there??

Keegantdad

• Squire
    • View Profile

Hi all, I'm also just getting into M & T as English (also figuring I might as well make a full AWI Brit army while I'm at it). I've got the rules and some figs but nothing's painted yet... I will be going to Fall-in, though. Any plans for bonus M & T gaming there??

Indeed.  I am running an M&T event and a SAGA event.  Working out the details as to the days and times.  But I will run a M&T French and Indian War mini campaign where players will join either the French or British side of a three game mini campaign.  Each game will be about 2hrs long and the outcome of the previous round will impact the next.  You can either bring your own force of between 270 - 300 points or I will have loaner forces available. 

Keegantdad

• Squire
    • View Profile

"Hear Ye! Hear Ye!" SAGA will have two official tournaments this year at Fall In. Both are listed in the tournament section of the PEL. Here is the summary of both events.

Friday:
12 PM - 5 PM
Campaign Tournament “King of Britain”
12 players.
Dark Age Rules used to fight battles to conquer Britain. Players will be sorted into factions who, as teams, will vie for control of the British Isles. Come test your skills as a Dark Age warlord (C&C factions not in play) while trying to conquer all of Britain and become crowned as King. All are welcome. Extra armies and rules coaching will be available for those who do not have an army.
GM: Tom Keegan (keegantdad@yahoo.com)

Saturday:
10 AM – 4 PM
The format will be jump in-jump out play a round tournament meaning you do not have to play all the rounds. New comers welcome and feel free to jump in for a single game or play all four rounds. We will have extra armies available and will help with the rules. Rounds will run roughly for an hour using either 4pt or 6 pt SAGA armies from all the current lists to include Crescent and Cross. The point level for each round will be decided on between you and your opponent based on the figures you have available. Use of Heroes of the Dark Age and special units must be agreed to by both players for them to be eligible. Scores will be based on number of wins and then points killed. Points are awarded in accordance with the rules with 1 pt for every three levies, two Warrior or each Hearthguard figure killed by your army. Each enemy Warlord eliminated is worth 5 points. No unpainted figures allowed. We will use the official scenarios with one or two from C&C mixed in. If you would like to sign up contact the GM or just show up on the day of the tournament and we will fit you in. We will have enough terrain and tables to accommodate 16 players. Prize support provided by Architects of War and Gripping Beast Miniatures.

Sponsor: Architects of War and Gripping Beast Miniatures
GM: Tom Keegan

I am also running a Muskets and Tomahawks Tournament/demo event Saturday: 6 PM -- 10 PM
Muskets and Tomahawks Mini Campaign 22-28mm, 10 players
Join the World-Wide Muskets and Tomahawks campaign as we re-fight the battles of the French and Indian War during 1756. During this year the center of the fighting focused on the key forts and logistics lines in the Lake Ontario and Lake George region. This is the year of Montcalm's arrival and the French going on the attack in the Lake Ontario area. We have already refought 1754 and 1755. Come see the progress of the Campaign and throw in your lot with one side or the other. We will be using armies of up to 260 points as we fight through 3 historically based M&T scenarios reflective of the combat seen during 1756. We will have a few loaner armies available and welcome newcomers to join in and learn this great set of rules.
GM: Tom Keegan (keegantdad@yahoo.com) Sponsor: Loyalhanna Outpost and Galloping Major Miniatures

My Wargaming Blog http://tomahawkcampaign.blogspot.com/