Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Summer WHFB League  (Read 7770 times)

PatH

• Warhammer Event Organizer
  • Footman
    • View Profile
Summer WHFB League
« on: Jul 03, 2013 06:15PM »

Hey Gents,

I have heard from Drew and Jon V that there is a crowd interested in a summer Warhammer league. With the help of Jon and some of the other unplugged folks, I have put together a framework schedule, rules and whatnot.

Ideally would like to start in a couple weeks. Basic outline below. Dates are somewhat flexible.

When:  Mondays, July 15 through September 2 (8 Weeks) with a 1-day End of Season Tournament on September 7.
Where: The Battle Standard, Manchester CT

Mission:  Provide a fun environment to existing, new or returning Warhammer Fantasy players.  Players will have the opportunity to assemble, paint and grow an army from scratch to a final Season 1 value of 1500 playable points.

Players will grow their army along with their battle and hobby skills throughout the 8 weeks with several tutorials given by top local tournament players.

Points will be scored for various hobby activities and for winning on the battlefield.  End of season champions in both hobby and battle will be crowned.

Schedule:  Matchups will be determined prior to the start of the League Week and posted in the league thread on the Battle Standard forum.  In the event that a player cannot attend on the regularly scheduled Monday, that player may, at their own responsibility, ask his/her scheduled opponent(s) to reschedule to another day during the week.

·         Week 1 – Introductions, League Overview, 2-4 Rounds of Warhammer using the Regiments of Reknown rule pack (See below for modifications)

o   Tutorial provided  by TBD on the topic of TBD

·         Week 2 – 4-6 Rounds of Warhammer using the Regiments of Reknown rule pack (See below for modifications)

·         Week 3 – 2 Rounds of 500 pt Warhammer using normal rules following the Battleline Scenario

·         Week 4 – 2 Rounds of 500 pt Warhammer using normal rules following the Battleline Scenario

·         Week 5 – 2 Rounds of 1000 pt Warhammer using normal rules following the Meeting Engagement Scenario

·         Week 6 – 2 Rounds of 1000 pt Warhammer using the normal rules following the Dawn Attack Scenario

·         Week 7 – 1 Round of 1500 pt Warhammer using the normal rules following the Blood and Glory Scenario

o   Successfully breaking your opponent (as described on pg 148) earns a bonus 100 victory points

·         Week 8 – 1 Round of 1500 pt Warhammer using the normal rules and the Watchtower (modified) scenario

o   The player that controls the watchtower at the end of the game (only by actively occupying the tower) gains 150 additional Victory Points

Scoring: The basis for scoring is a combination of winning on the battlefield, and growing your army off of it.  Scoring is balanced such that maximum points are attained by someone successful in all aspects of Warhammer Fantasy.  Battle points will be recorded by the league organizer at the end of each Monday and posted to the thread on The Battle Standard Forum. Hobby points, as they are subjective in nature, will be judged at the start of each Monday and posted at the end of the day.  Season standings will be accumulated and posted later in the League Week.

·         1 point per victory during Weeks 1-2.  2 points during weeks 3-6.  4 points during Weeks 7-8.

·         1 point per Draw during Weeks 3-8.

·         1 point for assembling a unit/character (includes general assembly and basing)

·         1 point for basecoating and basing a unit/character (basecoating defined as applying initial color to all aspects of the model)

·         1 point for wash/highlight/detail/freehand on a unit or character (1 point total for detailed painting, not for each step)

·         5 points for finishing 500 points worth of models (finishing is defined as assembling, basing and basecoating a model, detailed paintwork is entirely optional).  A maximum of 15 points in this category can be obtained.

·         1 point for performing a small conversion (examples: head swaps, weapon swaps, custom weapon or banner).  A maximum of 5 points in this category can be obtained.

·         5 points for performing a large conversion (examples: repositioning, sculpting, custom models etc).  A maximum of 10 points in this category can be obtained.

Battle Points:  Victory over your opponent is reflected in your battle point score throughout the season.  A victory is defined as follows:

·         For Weeks 1 and 2: A win is defined as earning 30 or more victory points more than your opponent with the following bonuses:

o   Defeating your opponents general earns a bonus 20 victory points

o   Ending the battle with 1 model in your opponents deployment zone earns 5 (and only 5) victory points

o   A draw occurs when the victory point differential is between 0 and 30.

·         For Weeks 3-4: A win is defined as earning 125 or more victory points more than your opponent with the following bonuses:

o   Defeating your opponents general earns a bonus 50 victory points

o   The player with the unit closest to the center of the board at the end of the game earns a bonus 25 victory points (points awarded to the single closest unit with the most wounds to the center of the board)

o   A draw occurs when the victory point differential is between 0 and 125.

·         For Weeks 5-6:  A win is defined as earning 250 or more victory points more than your opponent with the following bonuses:

o   Defeating your opponents general earns a bonus 75 victory points

o   Place 3 markers on the board with 1 in the direct middle and the remaining two 12” from the center marker along each direction of the board centerline.  A unit that moves or marches to the marker is assumed to pick up the marker.  15 bonus points are awarded for successfully carrying the marker off of any board edge.  If a unit that is actively carrying a marker dies or flees, the marker is dropped immediately.

o   A draw occurs when the victory point differential is between 0 and 250.

·         For Weeks 7-8: A win is defined as earning 375 or more victory points more than your opponent with the following bonuses.

o   Defeating your opponents general earns a bonus 100 victory points

o   Defeating a unit carrying a standard earns 25 victory points (This includes 25 additional points for defeating an enemy BSB)

o   A draw occurs when the victory point differential is between 0 and 375.

Sportsmanship:  In the event the league organizer is notified of poor sportsmanship, character, attitude or otherwise, the league organizer will give 1 verbal warning to the offending player.  In the event more than 1 warning is received throughout the league season, the league organizer reserves the right to request the offending player no longer attend the weekly matches.

End of Season Awards:

·         Best General (most battle points obtained through the 8 weeks)

·         Best Hobbyist (combination of most hobby points earned and best appearance as voted by 3 Unplugged Gamers at the end of the league year)

·         Most Improved General (as voted on by each player in the league at the end of the league year)

·         Most Improved Hobbyist (as voted on by each player in the league at the end of the league year)

Miscellaneous:

·         No magic phase will be played in Weeks 1-2 (regiments)

·         A “Look Out Sir” will be granted against all template spells and attacks

·         For Weeks 1-6, the table will be 4ft by 4ft instead of the standard 4x6.  5 pieces of terrain for Weeks 1-6, 7 for Weeks 7-8

« Last Edit: Aug 11, 2013 11:12AM by DaBrode »

PatH

• Footman
    • View Profile
Re: ATTN: Jared/Tommy - Summer WHFB League
« Reply #1 on: Jul 09, 2013 12:29AM »

Going to start next Monday at 5 pm. Feel free to show up if you want to game.

Tommy

• Battle Standard Bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 09, 2013 10:58AM »

Looks Fun I approve
"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country."

jvanase

• Unit Musician
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul 10, 2013 12:35AM »

I'm in!  High Elves it'll be.
-Jon

PatH

• Footman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 16, 2013 12:36AM »

Week 1 is officially in the books!  Thank you to everyone who came down tonight, we had an excellent turn out.

Looking at the scoresheet, it looks like most people averaged 4 games played, which is pretty good with the unique rule set.

Some players suggested an increase in the point values for next week, and a total point value of 150 was decided on. Speak now if you object otherwise next week we will play 150 Pts of regiments (round up to 38 Pts for the 25% value).

Just a reminder, still no heroes, magic phase or war machines.

I spoke with most of you tonight, but in case I missed anyone here is how I will be scoring the hobby points:

Please bring in the models you assembled/painted and make sure I check them out at some point and ill mark down the score. Remember the goal here is to get a 1500 pt army done by the end so please try to keep your assembly closely resembling your final army as much as possible.

I will be posting the weekly points earned and season totals for each player every Tuesday.

If anyone has any questions, let me know, otherwise I look forward to a great time next Monday!

-Pat

PatH

• Footman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jul 16, 2013 10:03PM »

Week 1 scores are below.  One point per victory, up to a maximum of 4 for the week.  Ties were just listed in the order on my paper.  If you see any errors, please let me know!

• Bob (Demons): 4 Battle, 0 Hobby
  • Joe (Bret): 3 Battle, 0 Hobby
  • Kevin (Bret): 3 Battle, 0 Hobby
  • Kody (WE): 3 Battle, 0 Hobby
  • Jon (HE): 3 Battle, 0 Hobby
  • Greg (O+G): 2 Battle, 0 Hobby
  • Scott (WE): 2 Battle, 0 Hobby
  • Keith (Beast): 2 Battle, 0 Hobby
  • Chris C (Lizard): 2 Battle, 0 Hobby
  • Jim (WE): 2 Battle, 0 Hobby
  • Ben (Beast): 2 Battle, 0 Hobby
  • Chris (Empire): 1 Battle, 0 Hobby
  • Ian (HE): 0 Battle, 0 Hobby
  • Charles (WoC): 0 Battle, 0 Hobby
  • Pat (DE): 0 Battle, 0 Hobby

PatH

• Footman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jul 17, 2013 09:56PM »

Clarification for next weeks 150 Pts of regiments.

I think it would be in the best interest of all to limit lists to exclude chariots/monstrous cav as the goal here is to be simulating a war band type of battle.

Any issues, post them here.

-Pat

Greg

• EXTRA-LIFE Charity Event Organizer
  • Unit Musician
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jul 18, 2013 12:14AM »

Will our leaders retain their upgrades?

PatH

• Footman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jul 18, 2013 11:16AM »

Negative, leaders will start from scratch.

PatH

• Footman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jul 23, 2013 01:16AM »

Week two is a wrap! Thanks everyone for another terrific turnout.

I'm saddened to say we are done with regiments of renown. Next week will be 500pts of good ol fashioned warhammer.

Just a reminder that you are required to take a character choice to serve as your general. We will be playing the battle line scenario.

Don't forget to bring in your stuff so I can record some hobby points for everyone.

Week 2 and season total scores posted tomorrow afternoon.

-Pat

PatH

• Footman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jul 24, 2013 10:55AM »

Week 2 scores below. Let me know if there are any errors.

Charles: 4 battle
Greg: 4 battle
Bob: 3 battle
Chris (empire): 3 battle
Ian: 3 battle
Joe: 2 battle
Chris C: 2 battle
Kody: 2 battle
Pat: 1 battle
Ben: 1 battle
Justin: 1 battle
Chris M: 1 battle
Jacob: 0 battle
Keith: 0 battle

PatH

• Footman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jul 24, 2013 10:27PM »

Season standings after Week 2:

1. Bob (Demons): 7 points
2. Greg (O+Gs): 6 points
3. (tie) Joe (Bret): 5 points
3. (tie) Kody (WE): 5 points
5. (tie) Charles (WoC): 4 points
5. (tie) Chris (Empire): 4 points
5. (tie) Chris C (Lizard): 4 points
8. (tie) Jon (HE): 3 points
8. (tie) Kevin (Bret): 3 points
8. (tie) Ben (Beast): 3 points
8. (tie) Ian (HE, Dw): 3 points
12. (tie) Scott (WE): 2 points
12. (tie) Keith (Beast): 2 points
12. (tie) Jim (WE): 2 points
15. (tie) Justin (O+Gs): 1 point
15. (tie) Chris M (Vamp): 1 point
15. (tie) Pat (DE): 1 point
18. Jacob (HE): 0 points

Looking forward to separating some of these ties next week with 500 point battles and the first chance to really record some hobby points.  We will set out to play 2 games (2 points per victory, 1 pt for a draw) but might have time to play more.  As I did in the previous weeks, we will cap battle points gained at 4 for the week.

Talked a bit with some of the guys today about how to do the matchups.  I think it will be tough to schedule them ahead of time without knowing who will be there for sure.  So what I am going to do is take the first 5 minutes or so on Monday and make the matchups.  Goal for Week 3 is to play new people, although calling someone out for a grudge match is completely encouraged.

See you all on Monday!

Watchtower

• Squire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jul 25, 2013 08:00PM »

Is it possible to join partway through?

I won't be in town until mid Aug.

PatH

• Footman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jul 25, 2013 10:09PM »

Absolutely, stop by on whatever Monday nights you can make. Schedule is posted in the first post.

Tyler

• Squire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jul 29, 2013 11:33AM »

Jeez I cant believe I missed this but I can make it down today if there's still room.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4