Author Topic: Project: Blood Angels  (Read 1619 times)

Convictus

• Squire
    • View Profile
Project: Blood Angels
« on: Mar 08, 2013 01:45AM »

So, I've started playing 40K in the past few months, and after amassing some Necrons from their tomb world, I've felt the call to arms from Holy Terra and decided I wanted to put together an Imperium army. The buddies I play most often with field Chaos marines and Tyranids, so somebody needs to do the Emperor's will.

That being said, I chose Blood Angels, as they've always been my favorite chapter (with Space Wolves at a somewhat distant second). I've started working on a few units, which are posted below. When I paint, I try for a mid-to-high tabletop standard; clean finish, decent detail, with a final product that looks good on the battlefield. No competition winners, for sure, but I'm generally proud of the level of painting I can bring to the table.

Tommy

• Battle Standard Bearer
    • View Profile
Re: Project: Blood Angels
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2013 12:05PM »

Very nice Ray!
"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country."

Convictus

• Squire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2013 09:58PM »

Thanks a lot!

Also, if anyone has suggestions on getting transfer decals to lay flat on the curves surface of marine shoulder pads, I'm all ears.

GorillaGoetz

• Footman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2013 02:36AM »

Very solid stuff man, from one Son of Sanguinius to the another.  No advice on the transfers, sadly- only practice seems to make perfect with the little buggers.

WingedRavener

• Squire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr 26, 2013 01:14AM »

Use a razor to cut all the excess away from the decal. Use gloss varnish (brush, not spray) to create a foundation. Apply the decal onto the gloss varnish. Gloss over it when dry to seal it. Finish with a matte varnish. It will look just like you painted it.

Michaelrek

• Squire
    • View Profile
Project Blood Angels
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2014 06:07AM »

Sick dude That CPU block looks wicked.
Did you spray the case yourself?