Author Topic: How to line up minis for pinning/assembling parts  (Read 1312 times)

eyebreaker

• Squire
    • View Profile
How to line up minis for pinning/assembling parts
« on: Jan 03, 2013 07:37PM »

How do you line up the dif parts of  mini to get it pinned right so that it lines up just right?

Noah

• Squire
    • View Profile
Re: How to line up minis for pinning/assembling parts
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2013 02:17AM »

Depending on what you are looking to pin, I use one of three different methods!  Differing levels of effort and precision.  Further down the list the better I find it to be precision-wise.

First:  Balls out eyeball it!  I only recommend this for things the banner poles that are extremely easy to drill a straight hole in both sides.

Second:  Drill a hole in one side and put a little bit of blue tac on the surface of the part you need to drill a hole for.  Line the two up and press them together.  When you pull them apart some of the blue tac should have gone into the hole you made and now when you look at the surface where you want a new hole you drill on the blu-tac that is sticking out.  Hard to describe without a picture, sorry.

Third:  Line the two pieces up and drill straight through them (can use blu-tac to hold the pieces still)!  This offers the advantage of only drilling one hole and you know it's lined up if you set it up properly.  Afterwards you need to fill the holes/smooth with liquid greenstuff or something similar.

Good luck!

Tommy

• Battle Standard Bearer
    • View Profile
Re: How to line up minis for pinning/assembling parts
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2013 11:20AM »

Step 1 -Drill your first hole.
Step 2 - Glue ur pin in that hole.
Step 3 - after dry cut pin to proper lenth.
Step 4 - put little dab of paint on pin end.
step 5 - touch pin end to model
DRILL away.
"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country."