Author Topic: What do PoM do best?  (Read 1059 times)

Jake the Drake

• Squire
  • For the Dark Gods!
    • View Profile
What do PoM do best?
« on: Dec 20, 2012 06:53PM »

Can any Protectorate of Menoth players tell me what the basic, encompassing strategy is behind the puritanical brotherhood?
"The scent of blood is on the wind, to the hunt! Bring me skulls, bring me blood, bring me glorious carnage! Glory to Khorne, the lord of battles!" - Chaos Lord Lornak

Tommy

• Battle Standard Bearer
    • View Profile
Re: What do PoM do best?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2012 12:23PM »

Buffing and denial is there strong points.
"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country."

Jake the Drake

• Squire
  • For the Dark Gods!
    • View Profile
Re: What do PoM do best?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2013 06:43PM »

I talked to someone at the Time Machine and he explained to me how the Protectorate uses casualties to boost the strength of remaining units, so they theoretically can stay stable no matter how many casualties they receive. Also, they have a lot of focus point nullifying effects in addition to fire effects (obviously). He also said their weakness is upkeep as the focus cost of warcaster abilities are generally expensive.

Is that about right?
"The scent of blood is on the wind, to the hunt! Bring me skulls, bring me blood, bring me glorious carnage! Glory to Khorne, the lord of battles!" - Chaos Lord Lornak