Author Topic: Hey All... New Forum, New Mod, New Stuff  (Read 1397 times)

Tony

• Footman
    • View Profile
Hey All... New Forum, New Mod, New Stuff
« on: May 27, 2010 04:14PM »

Hey Everybody,

I'm sure a lot of Battle Standard regulars know me. For those of you who don't, I'm Tony, a long-time friend of Tommy and Jared's. I've been talking to them about bringing role-playing into the store, starting with Season 2 of D&D Encounters. If a regular, lasting role-playing community comes together, the store may begin stocking RPGs. But that'll depend on how successful Encounters is.

A little about me. I've been a gamer for a looooong time. I probably started gaming around the age my son is now (he's 12, I'm 43). I've played D&D since the first boxed edition came out (earlier actually... I remember this little booklet entitled Blackmoor), through all the various editions. I wasn't too sure about 4e, but I downloaded the quickstart rules and read through them a few times, then I broke down and got the three core rulebooks: the Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, and the Monster Manual. I've now formed the opinion that 4e is a pretty solid system.

Anyway, I've also played a number of other RPGs: Star Wars Saga Edition (and older editions), Dark Heresy, Cyberpunk, Champions, Mutants & Masterminds... others I'm sure that I can't think off the top of my head. I also do  some tabletop gaming. I'm currently playing in the Flames of War "A Bridge Too Far' Firestorm campaign the store is running. But recently, doing nothing but competitive gaming has gotten a little stale, so I brought the idea of the new season of Encounters to Tom and Jared's attention. Hopefully I'm not the only person interested and we can get some more people into playing.

DaBrode

• TBS Owner
  • Battle Standard Bearer
  • "Nice try Lao Che!"
    • View Profile
    • The Battle Standard
Re: Hey All... New Forum, New Mod, New Stuff
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010 11:14PM »

Good to see you made it to the Role Playing forum Tony!
:trollbloods: Borka's Kegslayers
:wmmercs: Grundback's Grunts
:mercs: Hoffman's Heroes
:ork: Urgot 'Eadbaggah's 'Ead 'Unterz
:maw: Clan of Olag Foestomper
:chaos: The Felled Angels
:aquila: Merc Redreign's Cipher Company 000 "The Nobodies"

Shadowbreaker

• Footman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Oct 20, 2010 08:10PM »

Make room for the Gnome Bard-lock?

Azkar

• Footman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 12, 2011 12:05AM »

Hey Everybody,

I'm sure a lot of Battle Standard regulars know me. For those of you who don't, I'm Tony, a long-time friend of Tommy and Jared's. I've been talking to them about bringing role-playing into the store, starting with Season 2 of D&D Encounters. If a regular, lasting role-playing community comes together, the store may begin stocking RPGs. But that'll depend on how successful Encounters is.

A little about me. I've been a gamer for a looooong time. I probably started gaming around the age my son is now (he's 12, I'm 43). I've played D&D since the first boxed edition came out (earlier actually... I remember this little booklet entitled Blackmoor), through all the various editions. I wasn't too sure about 4e, but I downloaded the quickstart rules and read through them a few times, then I broke down and got the three core rulebooks: the Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, and the Monster Manual. I've now formed the opinion that 4e is a pretty solid system.

Anyway, I've also played a number of other RPGs: Star Wars Saga Edition (and older editions), Dark Heresy, Cyberpunk, Champions, Mutants & Masterminds... others I'm sure that I can't think off the top of my head. I also do  some tabletop gaming. I'm currently playing in the Flames of War "A Bridge Too Far' Firestorm campaign the store is running. But recently, doing nothing but competitive gaming has gotten a little stale, so I brought the idea of the new season of Encounters to Tom and Jared's attention. Hopefully I'm not the only person interested and we can get some more people into playing.

I would be extremely interested in playing Dungeon and Dragons, or any RPG at the battle standard. Please keep me updated.

Ram-z

• Footman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 18, 2011 02:05AM »

I too am looking for a gaming group in town.