Author Topic: Board games aren't boring!  (Read 1600 times)

Shadowbreaker

• Footman
    • View Profile
Board games aren't boring!
« on: May 25, 2010 11:07PM »

Hey all! I'm a newb!!!

Well, to the forum at least. I've been an avid gamer all my life, mostly DND, Shadowrun, and various strategy board games. This is my first post and I wanted to mention that I have a couple of games I'm itching to play!!

Twilight Imperium, 3rd edition (no expansion yet) - great game. I'll bring it over if anyone wants to play, but it takes a LONG TIME. Plan on 4-6 hours of gaming awesomeness.

Doom - Ok, old and dumb. but, it's fun!

Also, if anyone wants to play Robo Rally, I'm all about it. I took 3rd place in Lancaster, PA for the 2008 National Board Gaming convention.

Thanks for being awesome! See you at the store!

-Brad

Justin

• Footman
    • View Profile
Re: Board games aren't boring!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010 10:46AM »

Hello Brad,

I'm a regular gamer at the shop and also feel that board games are not boring.  I am around The Battle Standard every Monday and though I spend most of my time those evenings engaging in my favorite wargames (Warmachine and Warhammer Fantasy) I also love board games.  Some of my all time favorites are Dominion, Chaos In The Old World, Pandemic and when I'm not hating it; Catan.  So if you're ever going to be around on a Monday, let me know and I'd love to take a break from the tape measures and templates for some quality time with the card board.

Justin,
Generation.
Fiiiiight...
Generation.

DaBrode

• TBS Owner
  • Battle Standard Bearer
  • "Nice try Lao Che!"
    • View Profile
    • The Battle Standard
Re: Board games aren't boring!
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010 03:16AM »

Sundays is the official Board and non-CCG Card gaming day.  I'd love to stop in and try out a few games.
:trollbloods: Borka's Kegslayers
:wmmercs: Grundback's Grunts
:mercs: Hoffman's Heroes
:ork: Urgot 'Eadbaggah's 'Ead 'Unterz
:maw: Clan of Olag Foestomper
:chaos: The Felled Angels
:aquila: Merc Redreign's Cipher Company 000 "The Nobodies"