Author Topic: New Marine army. Yet to be named. (Taking Suggestions)  (Read 2660 times)

Tommy

• Battle Standard Bearer
    • View Profile

New project of mine. The goal of this project is to have 2000 points painted by Sept 30th 2012

Started with 5 terminators with Forge World Salamander shoulder pads. Based with Matte Medium ( I don't like white glue seems to peal over time) then used TBS 4 Piece Basing sets fine grit for the base.

Primed the 5 terminators with TBS Approved Primer.

My paint scheme for the army will be a quartered green and bone color. Started with Reaper master series Military green on 2 of the quarters of the Terminator. At this stage you do not have to be to careful since its easy to cover over your mistakes.

I then went to the base for the other Quarters. I chose RMS Camouflage green to give it a solid base the bone colors will go over easy. This step I was much more careful in my lines not to overlap into the Military Green.

I then did a 50/50 mix of RMS Terran Khaki and RMS Bloodless Skin over the Camouflage green working up the Bone looking color, Repeated 2 times till coverage was good.

MAGIC SAUCE! Agrax Earthshade was applied to the whole model in a generous quantity, but not letting it pool.

After the Earthshade has dried fully, I added yet again more Bloodless Skin to my mix and did a final highlighting over the Earthshade leaving all the recesses dark.

Armor complete. Hope you liked part one of three. Next to come weapons, cables, seals and detail.
« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2012 12:54AM by Tommy »
"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country."

Tommy

• Battle Standard Bearer
    • View Profile
Re: New Marine army. Yet to be named.
« Reply #1 on: Jul 25, 2012 05:38PM »

Eyes and purity seals were the first step in this part. Started with a base of Mechrite Red on both. Once dry I went to Blazing orange on the highest points of the eyes and the seals. after that a dab of Skull White was added to make the illusion of lighting. To finish that off a coat of Ardcoat was added to give it a shining look. The parchment on the seals were done with Raharth Flesh(Dheneb Stone) washed with Agrax Earthshade and Chaos Black was lined on to look like script.

The Shield was done with Brass Balls on the inner cross and on the lightning bolt behind the skull. The skull was based with 2 coats of Bleached Bone and the Wings were based With RMS Leaf Green. The Crux Terminatus was painted Bleached bone. After all was dry a generous coat of Agrax Earthshade was applied. That dry I highlighted with the same colors I bases with to bring out the high spots and detail.

So Hammer and Salamander shoulder pad. The Hammer was first overbrushed with RMS Shadowed Steel. Cables Done with Mechrite Red. I then Drybrushed with Chainmail to bring out the high points. After that I washed the hammer head with Plasma Red (OLD SCHOOL) once dry I added some white lineing and then light drybrush with chainmail. The shoulder pad flames were based Mechrite red, tipped with Blazing Orange and a few dabs of Sunburst Yellow. The Salamander head was based with Leaf Green and washed with Badab Black.

The spread of paints for the detail work.

Part 2 over. Next Basing the model.
"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country."

Tommy

• Battle Standard Bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 25, 2012 05:55PM »

Base K.I.S.S. Drybrushed Scorched Brown, Then drybrushed PIP Gun Corps Brown, finally I Drybrushed Menoth White Base (Note I dont clean my drybrush till the end seems to blend the paint better) After that I used more Matte Medium to put static grass on the base.

TheGreatKevin465

• Squire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul 25, 2012 05:57PM »

Looks awesome! Keep up the good work! Looks dark angel-y

Tommy

• Battle Standard Bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 25, 2012 06:01PM »

So my plan is to use them as DA. But I am planning on doing something like a elite cadre sorta thing. all 6 squads will have Forge World shoulders from different chapters.

TheGreatKevin465

• Squire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jul 25, 2012 06:05PM »

I'm going to blog my imperial fists! When I get out of work... and after dinner

maybe tomorrow...

eventually...

New dark angels codex coming out soon or something? Going death-wing i assume? Ill probrably see you sometime this weekend!

Tommy

• Battle Standard Bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jul 25, 2012 07:11PM »

I'm going to blog my imperial fists!

AWESOME!

aleck

• Footman
    • View Profile
Re: New Marine army. Yet to be named. (Taking Suggestions)
« Reply #7 on: Jul 26, 2012 02:37AM »

This is awesome Tommy, definitely going to have you show me this in person tomorrow!

waynehayes

• Standard Bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jul 26, 2012 12:06PM »

I think I am more interested in that jar of plasma red ink lol!  Where in the world did you find that!  Btw, the army is looking great!  Because they come from different chapters maybe some kind of gimicky name like the "Coalition" or something.

Tommy

• Battle Standard Bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jul 26, 2012 12:22PM »

Like it like it! As for the plasma Red I have my sources you have yours LOL Ill blow your mind with next pic in a hour or so.

« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2012 02:39PM by Tommy »

DaBrode

• TBS Owner
  • Battle Standard Bearer
  • "Nice try Lao Che!"
    • View Profile
    • The Battle Standard
« Reply #10 on: Jul 27, 2012 04:22PM »

Freakin' awesome dude!
:trollbloods: Borka's Kegslayers
:wmmercs: Grundback's Grunts
:mercs: Hoffman's Heroes
:ork: Urgot 'Eadbaggah's 'Ead 'Unterz
:maw: Clan of Olag Foestomper
:chaos: The Felled Angels
:aquila: Merc Redreign's Cipher Company 000 "The Nobodies"

Tommy

• Battle Standard Bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jul 31, 2012 12:37PM »

Squad one should be done today or tmrw. Thank you Kevinthegreat for the Terminators!!!! That was so cool of you!

Seltheron

• Squire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Aug 08, 2012 04:54AM »

The scheme's similarity to Angels of Redemption notwithstanding, I'm fond of the color and of the Salamander-origins suggested by the armor.  Given their progenitor's penchant for smithing, and your own name, perhaps making them paler Salamanders with a love of master-crafted wargear would be appropriate.   The Emerald Smiths chapter, Hammers of Vulkan, etc. could be some cool names with a personal connection, solid lore, and some awesome iconography.

Wurrghbaz

• Footman
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch.TV Stream.
« Reply #13 on: Dec 09, 2012 01:16PM »

Knowing what I know about Tommy, I'm kind of surprised these didn't end up cotton-candy pink and dubbed the Fluffy Bunnies. Looks good though!
- Matt (Heff)

Playing:
Warmachine\Hordes - Khador and Circle Orboros
Freeblades - Haradel
Shadow Era