Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: MERCs Tourney May 27th!  (Read 3460 times)

Jestor

• Squire
    • View Profile
Re: MERCs Tourney May 27th!
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012 11:43AM »

I am going to try and make it down Dave.  I was wondering what the deal with picking your "5" was.  Do you choose it before the tourney?  Do you choose it before each game?

I usually only get to play one guy who plays one specific Megacon so i fully expect to come in last against all you multicon vets!

DaBrode

• TBS Owner
  • Battle Standard Bearer
  • "Nice try Lao Che!"
    • View Profile
    • The Battle Standard
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2012 06:15PM »

I usually only get to play one guy who plays one specific Megacon so i fully expect to come in last against all you multicon vets!

Don't bet on it!  I'm the one taking last place in these here parts so you've got a fight on your hands!
:trollbloods: Borka's Kegslayers
:wmmercs: Grundback's Grunts
:mercs: Hoffman's Heroes
:ork: Urgot 'Eadbaggah's 'Ead 'Unterz
:maw: Clan of Olag Foestomper
:chaos: The Felled Angels
:aquila: Merc Redreign's Cipher Company 000 "The Nobodies"

Major Glory

• Historical Event Organizer
  • Battle Standard Bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012 07:49PM »

I only have one megacon myself so don't fret.  I would think being able to choose your 5 troopers before each match might be the way to go, otherwise you could be left vulnerable to someone else's abilities.
A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed "To whom it may concern"

Jestor

• Squire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2012 11:38AM »

Don't bet on it!  I'm the one taking last place in these here parts so you've got a fight on your hands!

Is it wierd that we are fighting over who will do worse??  :)

Major Glory - That's how they do it at Gencon.  I just wanted to double check since, if it's not that way, I really need to try and make the hard decision of who to leave at home!

DaBrode

• TBS Owner
  • Battle Standard Bearer
  • "Nice try Lao Che!"
    • View Profile
    • The Battle Standard
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2012 02:02PM »

Is it wierd that we are fighting over who will do worse??  :)

:mercs: Don't get me wrong, I'll try to win, but I'm no powergamer.  Should be a great tourney!
:trollbloods: Borka's Kegslayers
:wmmercs: Grundback's Grunts
:mercs: Hoffman's Heroes
:ork: Urgot 'Eadbaggah's 'Ead 'Unterz
:maw: Clan of Olag Foestomper
:chaos: The Felled Angels
:aquila: Merc Redreign's Cipher Company 000 "The Nobodies"

Lycane

• MERCS Event Organizer
  • Man-At-Arms
  • Trolls FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2012 02:29PM »

You can switch up your main 5 guys each round, this Tourney is really for people to have fun and play some games - with a little friendly competition of course.

The Tourney that I was part of was a 3 round, 2hrs per round (dont think it will take that long but...) and it will be point based. score 1 point for each opponents model eliminated and an additional 5 points if you manage to take out the entire team. It worked pretty well and everyone had fun so I will emulate this setup. The only difference is that all games were played ona 2D mat, I will set up 3D terrain and explain all the ER's before the games start. Expect a lot of AT-43 crates and barrels....

Jestor

• Squire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2012 11:44AM »

Cool, thanks for the heads up Dave.  If you decide to go 2D let me know and I can bring my mats with me :)  I am pretty excited about this.  As long as the bank doesn't move up my house closing to Friday I will be there. 

Lycane

• MERCS Event Organizer
  • Man-At-Arms
  • Trolls FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2012 12:48PM »

Had a great time running the Tourney yesterday! We had 6 players (including myself) and we all had very close games.

Highlights will be discussed on the next Snap to cover pod cast at snaptocover.com

Prizes went out to the top 3 players who were:

1st Bo $30
2nd Shane $20
3rd Tobin $10

I'll be planning another tourney soon, possibly with a scenario or two!

To all who attended please send me feed back either here or PM or email: dkoske@gmail.com

Thanks!
Pages: 1 [2]